Looking for a low fat cheesecake recipe? Here is a low fat apricot cheesecake recipe for you. Who said you couldn’t have cheesecake when you’re on a weight loss plan? To be fair, sugar and fat-saturated cheesecakes ought to be avoided most times, but this low fat cheesecake recipe is one of those pleasures in life you can give yourself every so often.
It’s only 3 points, and it’s got no sugar.
Ingredients for apricot cheesecake:
For the base you need:
- 125 g crushed wine biscuits
- 1/3 cup of dry shredded coconut (no added sugar)
- 75 g melted butter
For the topping you need:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of gelatine
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 8 apricots
- 300 g low fat cream cheese
- 250 g low fat cottage cheese
- 150 ml low-fat-low-sugar apricot yoghurt (In Australia, I have the apricot and mango Nestle Diet Yoghurt, which is the lowest in fat and sugar I’ve found around. Any other low fat yoghurt has twice as many calories, kilojoules and fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of artificial sweetener (I use Splenda, as I do not like the idea of consuming aspartame too often, and Splenda does not contain that chemical)
This is what you do:
Mix all the ingredients for the base, and spread it evenly on the base of a large round serving dish, pressing firmly into place. Put it into the fridge for the time being.
Then, mix the gelatine and cold water for about 5 minutes.
Halve the apricots. Keep 4 halves, and blend the rest in a blender.
Heat the gelatine and water till it dissolves, and add it to the apricot in the blender.
Add the low fat cream cheese, and keep blending till smooth.
Add the rest of the ingredients and blend them all till smooth.
Take the base out of the fridge, and spoon the smooth blend over it.
Refrigerate till set, and decorate with the four apricot halves you saved.
I hope you enjoy this delicious low fat cheesecake recipe!
- Serves 16
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Cal: 150
- KJ: 620
- WW: 3 Points